FOCUS ON MICROSCOPY 2009
Pozvánka na již tradiční konferenci zaměřenou na konfokální mikroskopii a 3D zobrazování, která se bude konat v dubnu příštího roku v polském Krakowě.
Dear Colleagues, bstracts for oral and poster contributions can now be submitted preferably through the conference website: http://www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org where also the conference registration has opened and hotel information is available. Deadline for abstract submission: January 19, 2009.
After the successful FOM2008 conference held in Osaka in April this year, the next conference: Focus on Microscopy 2009 will take place in Krakow, Poland, in the week before Easter from Sunday April 5 to Wednesday April 8, 2009. As the next in a series of unique interdisciplinary meetings on advanced multi-dimensional light microscopy and image processing, the conference will be hosted by Jagiellonian University in Krakow at the Auditorium Maximum building in the center of this historic and beautiful city.
Focus on Microscopy 2009 is the continuation of a yearly conference series presenting the latest innovations and new trends in optical microscopy and their application in biology, medicine and material sciences. Key subjects are:
- * the theory and practice of multi-dimensional optical microscopes,
- * the high spatial resolution and sophisticated excitation (SHG, Raman, THG, OCS) and fluorescence imaging modes (FRET,FLIM, FRAP, FCS) coming available,
- * new techniques for functional studies and manipulation of cells and tissues,
- * automated and high-throughput microscopy techniques,
- * related image processing and analysis approaches.
The conference series is, in addition, known for covering the rapid development of advanced fluorescence labeling techniques for the confocal and multi-photon 3D imaging of -live- biological specimens. Laser light based activation and quenching techniques integrated with 3D microscopy are becoming important tools in cell biology.
- Deadline for the submission of abstracts: January 19, 2009
- Acceptance of contributions, draft program: February 10, 2009
- Deadline for early registration: February 28, 2009
- We welcome you to Krakow for the FOM2009 conference and exhibition.
To stay informed about the conference please leave your name and email at: http://www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org/stayinformed
On behalf of the organizing committee,
- Jurek Dobrucki, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
- Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands